Holding Anna for the first time - this is a moment I remember so clearly with each of our babies. It's so magical to finally meet this little baby for the first time!
Daddy and Anna getting to know each other. I think Daddy is just as taken with her as I am.
Anna is wide awake for her debut. She has the softest skin and that wonderful newborn smell. And, I'm pretty excited about her long piano fingers!
Making sure she knows she is loved and adored!
John, my mom, and the children came to visit on the afternoon of the 3rd. Jacob was ready for hugging Anna as soon as he walked into our hospital room. So sweet!
The four children and me... this looks like more than a full time job to me!
Introducing Anna to Matthew, Jacob and Kara. They liked her cute little yellow bow and they were thrilled that she was awake. They were fascinated with her every move and sound. So fun!
Kara holding Anna. I love the look on Kara's face as she looks at Anna. Newborns are so amazing and Kara is just trying to take it all in. I hope they'll be as good of friends as Matthew and Jacob are. We're off to a good start on that so we'll hope it continues.
Our newest family picture!
Sleeping is what Anna does best right now. 2 day old
Thursday, March 5 3 days old
Matthew and Jacob are so excited to have Anna at home that they didn't even want to wait until she was out of her carseat. They wanted to see her as soon as we walked in the door!
I love watching Anna sleep. Those little hands up by her face is too sweet. We have ultrasound pictures of her hands up by her face. Seeing it in real life is much cuter! 4 days old
Snuggling up like only newborns can. You can't see it in this picture but her other foot is up by her chest. I didn't know that until I moved to put her in her crib and saw how she unfolded herself. 4 days old
Kara wanted to hold Anna all by herself and instructed me, "Move your hands Mama!" Thank goodness for throw pillows! Kara loves holding Anna and was thrilled that I took her picture as she was doing such a special thing. Kara is in this phase where it's really hard to get her to smile genuinely when we're taking pictures... hopefully the phase is short lived. :)
6 days old
6 days old
Our full time entertainment committee - they keep us laughing and smiling every day. They had a grand time running around the house in their old Halloween costumes. And I had a grand time listening to their laughter and giggles as they ran. Kids are great! And, thankfully Anna sleeps through everything so she was oblivious.
Anna has some fantastic hair, especially when she's just had a bath and her hair is so soft and fluffy! My family loving calls this "happy hair" because it's so happy that it stands up.
1 week old
Happy hair! Apparently, Anna has continued the family trend of having some pretty funny facial expressions from a very young age. She'll fit right in with the rest of our crew!
Sweet sleeping baby. Anna's arms are really long and you can see that in this picture with her hand way above her head. Most newborns fingertips come just to the top of their heads when their arms are extended.
10 days old
Grandma Jensen with Matthew, Jacob, Kara, and Anna - my mom really saved the day with all she did to help us out! Thanks Dad, for sharing her with us!
March 12
Mom and I with my two girls. So, this is not my favorite picture of myself - tired and crying because my mom is heading back home. But, I love seeing my mom with my two girls. They all look great!
March 12
Sunday, March 15 2 weeks old
One of my favorite things about newborns is the little smiles in their sleep - I think she's talking to the angels. 2 weeks old
Kara giving Anna kisses, a very frequent and sweet occurence at our house. And, I love having two little girls! There's a lot of pink laundry now to balance out the blue. So fun!
Kara dressing up in her hat and giraffe pajamas, baby "pack pack", and my "Sundays". All dressed up and no place to go!
My little happy shadow! Hopefully her sense of fashion isn't part of her being my shadow!
Sunday, March 22 - We all headed to church and it was so fun to have our girls in matching dresses. Anna is wearing a little red velvet dress that Kara wore as a newborn. I could definitely get into this whole matchy matchy thing! I love having my boys match too, but there's only so much you can do with white shirts, dress pants, and ties.
So, there's our month in pictures. I make no promises on the frequency of postings here since the only thing I've learned is predictable with four young children is that life will be unpredictable! But, I will try to post some pics of their cute little faces more frequently!
9 comments:
SO sweet. I'm so glad you posted all these great pictures.
She really does have long arms. Barbie was the only one of our babies who could touch her finger tips together on top of her head. All the others reached just past their ears.
Thanks for the update. Love, Kathey
What a beautiful baby! She is sweet as can be, and enjoy the matchy matchy! I Love that! I can't wait to get together with you. Thanks for the blog :)
Oh she's just beautiful, Kristine! What fun pictures--thanks so much for posting them!!
She is so beautiful! How fun to have a newborn again :).
Thanks for posting those pictures. It is fun to see you family! Take care! Love, Sandy
Congratulations!! What a little angel. We are so happy for you guys and look forward to seeing the little miss Anna grow. All the little munchkins look adorable.
Hey Kristine! What a cutie pie. Your family is adorable! We definately need to plan a trip to Utah so we can get together! Thanks for the blog, I really loved seeing you guys...XOXO Amber
Congrats on having sweet little Anna. I love the hair! Tommy's dad Tom sent us your blog, so we had to check it out. We send our best! Tommy & Ashlee Macdonald
Congratulations, I just found your blog from the Lincolns. She is so tiny and sweet. You guys are missed in Colorado. I hope all is going well.
Post a Comment